21 The Strand
Auckland, North Island
Waiheke 2017 Event as iCalendar
(Computer Science, Conferences, Biological Sciences, Central Event Tags, Conferences Symposia, science_news, Mathematics)
12 February 2017 - 17 February 2017
6 - 1pm
Venue: The Venue
Location: 21 The Strand, Onetangi Beach, Waiheke Island
Host: Centre for Computational Evolution, University of Auckland
Cost: $200 students, $300 staff
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 21st Annual New Zealand Phylogenomics Meeting
The Interface of Mathematics and Biology
12-17 February, 2017
The 21st annual New Zealand meeting on the interface of mathematics and biology in the study of phylogeny, genome analysis and molecular evolution will be held once again on Waiheke Island.
The programme for Waiheke 2017 can be either downloaded below or seen here. Please keep your talk to 18 mins to allow a further five minutes for discussion and two minutes for change-over. Talk slots are 25 minutes each.
If you require changes to the programme, please contact David Welch.
The meeting dinner is on Thursday 16 February, 2017 at the award-winning Casita Miro.
Registration for the 2017 Waiheke Phylogenomics Meeting is now open. Click on the appropriate registration fee to be taken to the registration portal.
Registration close: Extended until 2 December, 2016
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 12 December, 2016
You must currently be employed by, or a student of, the University of Auckland (excluding UniServices) and already have approval for your department or faculty to pay for your registration.
|External||External payment is via credit card (Mastercard or Visa). Please note that a 2.5% merchant fee will be added to all credit card payments.||$200||$300|
Fee depends on registration type:
- Fees include GST (15%). GST is not applicable where the fee is paid from an account within the University of Auckland (excluding UniServices) utilising the internal journal transfer mode.
The fine print:
- Registration payments by non-University staff and students can only be made by credit or debit card via our online payment system. Please check with your bank on conversion rates and banking fees if you are not using an NZD account card.
- Full refunds less administration charges can be requested 90 days prior to start of conference. No refunds are available after this date, however registration can be transferred. Please see terms and conditions on registration portal for full information.
- Any refunds processed will be in NZD. Please check with your bank on conversion rates and banking fees if you are not using an NZD account credit card.
Please see the links below for the directions to the conference venue:
- From Auckland International Airport (check that the Skybus is selected): https://goo.gl/9r4YrR
- From Auckland city centre: https://goo.gl/HaciSz
Auckland International Airport to Auckland Ferry Terminal
The 24-hour SkyBus runs every 10 minutes peak time and will take you from Auckland Airport International and Domestic terminals to Auckland Ferry Terminal.
Auckland Ferry Terminal to Waiheke Island Matiatia Wharf Ferry Terminal
Waiheke Island Matiatia Wharf Ferry Terminal to Onetangi
Bus services to Onetangi meets every ferry landing. Bus Routes 1, 3 and 4 will take you to Onetangi. Bus Route 4 takes the most direct route but only runs on weekdays. Check Waiheke Bus Company website for the latest timetable.
There are many options for accommodation on Waiheke. We strongly recommend that you book early since February is a busy period for this tourist destination. Also, the Bookabach web site and Airbnb lists holidays houses available for rent in New Zealand.
There are limited apartments on hold at Onetangi Beach Apartments (5-7, Fourth Avenue, Onetangi) within short walking distance to conference location. These rooms are only on hold until 9 November 2016. Most of the rooms can be converted into twin rooms. All apartments have sofabeds in the living areas. Extra guests are $40 per night. Please call and quote Phylogenomics Meeting to book one of these apartments (prices are GST inclusive):
7 x Studio NZ$209 per night (2 people)
3 x Courtyard 1 bedroom NZ$229 per night (2 people)
2 x Courtyard 2 bedroom NZ$309 per night (4 people)
1 x Courtyard 3 bedroom NZ$369 per night (4 people)
2 x Beach 2 bedroom NZ$329 per night (4 people)
Things to see and do
The official Waiheke tourism site has a wide list of things to do. Waiheke is famous for its vineyards, award-winning restaurants and pristine beaches.